Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day

today is mother's day. as is tradition, the day was spent with my mom. there was actually a craft fair going on in the area, and it's one of our favorite things to do together, so it was the perfect way to spend the day with my mom. :)


(my mom and me at the aquarium. don't we look super similar??)


i'm so glad to have such an amazing mom. we have our differences, sure. we get mad, we yell, we fight, blah blah blah. but at the end of the day she's my mom, and she's amazing. she may not always say the right thing, but i know she's always there for me and she always has my back, no matter what happens. no matter what we do we have an amazing time. it's a little scary how alike we are (seriously, it creeps my dad out sometimes) but it just adds to how close we are. so many of my friends tell me they wish they were closer to their moms, and i just get to smile and offer advice as to how to get closer.


(my mom and me at my graduation last year)

to my mom, and all the other mommies out there (to my "adopted" moms, friend's mom, and any other mom out there) happy mother's day. thanks for being amazing in all the ways that you are. without you, we (literally) wouldn't be where we are today.
xoxo, lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing what you have to say. feel free to leave me a comment. i read every single one you leave. <3